Monday, August 16, 2010

My Band Brahma Satya

I never have talked about my band "Brahma Satya". Brahma Satya(BS) means universal truth. Thats the name we three, Mohit Sadana, Akhil Sindhwani and me, atlast had come up with after looking many Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi words. Before I join the band, the band was known as Hybrids.

This Independence Day of India, we came up with a new song about our mother land, Meri Maa (that's first Patriotic song of the band). Though I was not present when the song was being framed, but still I know everyone had great time. And yeah, the song is great, although I never had imagined my band to have a patriotic song. 

  

I still remember when Wolverine a.k.a. Akhil Sindhwani (the lead guitarist) asked me to write something for the band on humanity. I was not sure about it, but still I agreed for it. And next day, I came up with the lyrics of "Bandeya". Akhil introduced me to Mohit Sadana (the vocalist) on the same day in the evening. By then, they both had framed the song. There was a great place for musicians in the college, i.e. Open Amphitheater or better know as Sutta Stairs. Musicians get a good number of listeners there with some puffing the cigarettes hiding from the college faculty. Coming back to my story, the song was great when I listened to it. I knew the song will be hit.

A three man band, including the lyricist, was on a search of other people required for the band. The band also was not equipped that time. We just had two Acoustic Guitars, one for each of other two. After a year, a new member was introduced to band, Anmol Dutt Mehta a.k.a. Pappa. He was my junior in college. He was learning the Base Guitar, but he was good at understanding the music. We guys started jamming with other people, plus we were learning the music as well.

And a year later, one new junior joined us, Rahul Chhabra a.k.a. Oblix. We were jamming with one of the friends of Mohit and Akhil along with Rahul. While just covering the song, we realized that our search for drummer has ended. Yes, Rahul Chhabra is a drummer of the band. He loves metal rock more than other genres. But when we jam, we come up with something new every time. 

These three years were great so far. We were more of Sufi kind people, especially me, Mohit and Akhil. The band was started three years back, since then we have gotten around 8-9 songs so far, on some we are working. "Meri Maa" is the last song, we got on this 15th August. The list of our songs are as follows:

1. Bandeya
2. Jinh
3. Hanuman Chalisa
4. Jhoom Jhoom
5. Grounded
6. Peace
7. Mumma
8. Catchfall
9. Punjabi
10. Ram
11. Meri Maa