Sunday, May 05, 2013

The Thirty First of February



With the continuous flashing of Breaking News, I realized a change in Undramatized Hindi News Channels. An accused in the case of a rape was sentenced to hang to death by Majesty John Singh Khan in Raipur High Court. The country had never thought of such state.

Last day only, a police officer had slapped an MLA for beating up a common man on the road. The Officer arrested the minister and lodged a case against him for misuse of the power. Number of Mahabali’s and Goons in our legislative system is way too less than that are behind the bars. Streets are safe 24×7.

While catching up with the latest of the world, I heard a knock on my door. To my no surprise, it was Shaurya, my friend. He had a book, titled Quran.

“Ahh, so you finally got it.” I exclaimed.

“Yeah, and I hope you are ready to hop in.” he asked.

“Let’s go.” I replied, picking up my bag.

Shaurya and I are college friends. Since the very first day of the college, we both have a great bond. We never thought of getting selected in the same company as well. We both work at Kingfisher Sports Management as Marketing Officer and Sales Manager. Well, Kingfisher is world’s second largest sports company Sahara Group only. Indian Origin brands are making their mark in every field throughout the world. The Micromaxs and Karbonns are fighting for the top position in the market of Mobiles and Tablets leading to American and Chinese companies trying to copy every bit of Indian Ideas. Besides Indian Democracy being largest, it also has command over major portion of the world.

Car pooling was nothing new. Shaurya got his car to pick me and Shaun to our office. Other than girls, we had politics and corporate to chat about. But that day Shaun had something else to talk about. He told us about the dowry system Indians had 300 or more years ago. I did not have any idea about it, other than bookish knowledge. He also added that women were sold like any other commodity in the market. I was surprised to hear such sorry state of women back in the time. Someone surely had worked hard to abolish that state of women. Now, they are free to do anything at anytime.

“You know what I recently read a new word ‘Religion’.” Shaurya said while keeping car on right track.

“How is it spelled?” I asked him. “What does it mean?” I added in the same breath.

“R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N. The word means ‘an institution intended to influence people in the Name of GOD. It’s like a terrorist group which intended to create havoc in the mindset of people.’” Shaurya explained.

“They must be a fool to believe in such an institute.” Shaun replied.

“Guys, I am planning to try for a Government Job. What do you think?” Shaun asked further.

“Aahaann, and that’s the reason Shaun is working on history and other influential topics. Well, if you work hard surely you’ll clear it.” I replied.

“Here we are.” Shaurya said, while parking the car. That’s how my day starts. That’s my Thirty First of February, a daily routine. A state where politicians mean leaders and administration means public employees. A state where women are actually be respected. A state where we don't know meaning of Religion, but God through Hearts. An India which is actually is called as Super Power State.

Note: It’s a Routine of India which has never happened, and possibly won’t happen in near future.

Characters (Shaurya, Shaun and Gulfam), their work life and this story are work of Fiction and An Idea.